Planned Giving – Cornerstone Society
Making a Planned Gift – Leaving a Legacy
For many of us, our experience at First Plymouth Congregational Church has been the gift of a lifetime. It would be impossible to measure what we’ve received from our involvement with First Plymouth. Because of the many ways First Plymouth has touched our lives, many members feel moved to ensure future generations are touched as well. How? By establishing a legacy through the decision to leave a planned gift.
Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received. 1 Peter 4:10
Share Your Blessings.
There are a number of ways to leave your First Plymouth legacy:
- Bequests in a will
- Gifts of cash
- Gifts of appreciated securities
- Life insurance gifts
- Memorial gifts
Your attorney or financial advisor can help you decide what is best for you.
Establish Your Legacy at First Plymouth
Individuals who choose to leave a planned gift may specify the fund or funds to which they wish to direct their legacy:
- The First Plymouth Endowment emphasizes internal programs and activities that relate to the mission and ministry within the church. For more information, contact Harry Adair, Chair of the Endowment Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The First Plymouth Foundation supports the broader mission of First Plymouth Church through the funding of programs and projects that serve the Church’s wider community. For more information, contact Ken Hoagland, President, at email@example.com.
- The General Fund supports the ongoing operating needs of the church including its programs, ministries, and maintenance of the building and grounds. For more information, contact Rev. George Anastos, Senior Minister, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Memorials Fund offers ways for members and friends to give to the church memorial gifts, large or small, which will be recognized and become useful living expressions of faith in our community. For more information, contact Diane Hoagland or Annie Nestor, Co-Chairs of the Memorial Committee, at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I Make a Planned Gift?
You can ensure a strong future for First Plymouth Congregational Church and its outreach mission in the broader community by making to decision to leave a planned gift. For more information, contact one of the individuals that represents the individual funds or fill out a planned giving brochure which may be obtained from Mission Central or the church office. Your attorney or financial advisor can then help you decide what is best for you. Please let First Plymouth Congregational Church know about your decision so that we can include you as a member of the Cornerstone Society.
First Plymouth’s Cornerstone Society recognizes members of our Congregation and others who have provided for First Plymouth Congregational Church in their planned giving arrangements. In order to become a member of the Cornerstone Society, donors are not required to provide any specifics about their gift; they are merely asked to let us know that such a gift exists in the donor’s estate planning arrangements. Members of the Cornerstone Society will be recognized publicly in the future unless they elect to remain anonymous.